The days are longer, and it is finally time for some summer fun! There is so much to be done it is hard to know where to start. So, we have made a summer bucket list for you and your pup to give you some ideas.
- Go on a picnic – Pack some snacks for you and your pup and find the perfect spot to lay a blanket down and relax. Just make sure his snacks are dog-friendly. Vita Bone Artisan Inspired Biscuits are a great snack option for your four-legged friend.
- Go to a baseball game – Take your pup to the ball game this summer. Many major and minor league teams offer dog-friendly days at the ballpark. Check with your local ballpark about any requirements before you get there.
- Play in the sprinkler – Beat the heat and play in the sprinkler with your pup. Water is a great way to cool down and help him stay hydrated.
- Check out a dog-friendly bar – Dog-friendly bars and restaurants are popping up all over the country. A quick online search will help you find local businesses that welcome you and your four-legged friend.
- Teach him a trick – Learning a new trick is fun for you and your pup. If you aren’t sure where to start, check out these unique trick how-tos.
- Have a photo shoot – You probably take a lot of pictures of your pet, but how often are you in them? Find a friend or hire a photographer to take photos of you two together.
- Create art – Your pup may just be the next Picasso. Get non-toxic finger paints, dip your dog’s paws and let them run around a piece of paper or canvas. Make sure you do this in the grass, unless you want paint all over the house.
- Watch a movie – Find a movie about dogs and cuddle up with your pet. This is even better if it is a rainy day.
- Have a playdate – Invite your friends and their pets over for a playdate. Socializing with other dogs is great for your pup and gives you a break from entertaining him.
- Go on a hike or long walk – On cooler days, take your dog on a long walk or hike to get him out of the house. Make sure to pack water and avoid venturing out on really hot days.
This summer bucket list is a great start to some serious fun with your furry friend. Once you start exploring, you may find even more ways to have some fun in the sun with your pup!